Do you want to perform some little decorative tasks like assembling an ornament box or trimming purpose and want to get your hands on a suitable gadget? Well, a brad nailer is the best gadget for you. However, among various options, choosing the best brad nailer for trim might seem a bit overwhelming. We have collected a list of the best brad nailers for trim with all the necessary details gathered under one roof to solve that out for you.
Best Brad Nailer for Trim Comparison Table
WEN 61721 Brad Nailer
5/8" to 2"
BOSTITCH 12233 Brad Nailer
5/8" to 2-1/8"
PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA Cordless Brad Nailer
5/8" to 2"
MAKITA 16 Gauge Cordless brad nailer
5/8" to 2"
Metabo HPT Brad Nailer
5/8" to 2"
Ryobi P320 Airstrike Brad Nailer
5/8" to 2"
DEWALT DCN680D1 Cordless Brad Nailer
5/8” to 2-1/8”
5/8" to 2"
Senco FinishPro 18 Sequential Brad Nailer
5/8" to 2"
Harbor Freight Cordless Brad Nailer
5/8" to 2
Best Brad Nailer for Trim Product Reviews
Now that you know what brad nailer is and how it can help ease your tasks for you, it is extremely important to get your hands on the right brad nailer that is suitable for your project and will also level up your DIY projects. Therefore, here is a list of the top ten brad nailers that you can choose from.
1. WEN 61721 Brad Nailer
- 360-degree adjustable air exhaust
- Easy loading and reloading
- Quick jam release
- 2.7 lbs weight
- Air powered
- 60-115 PSI air pressure
- Two years warranty
- 106 nails magazine capacity
An 18 gauge brad nailer that is affordable, effective, easy to use, and doesn’t require any professional skills to use it, yes, this is exactly what WEN 61721 is all about. This gadget is pneumatic (air-powered), and the design is compact and comparatively standard. Although this tool is quite similar to other models available in the market, what makes it different is the features and price it is available in.
The WEN 61721 brad nailer has to offer dynamic and useful functionality. It can fire nails ranging in size from 3/4th of an inch to almost two inches, and that too effortlessly. This brad nailer comes with a spring-loaded magazine that makes reloads quite fast and easy. The capacity of the magazine is quite high as it can hold up to 106 nails, and it comes up with a transparent window designed to notify the users when the number of nails is running low.
- The depth of drive is adjustable
- The jam release mechanism is quite easy and feasible
- This tool is super easy to use, even for amateurs
- Affordable price
- Light in weight
- Not most powerful when you compare it with other high-priced nailers
- Not compatible with nails slightly longer than the size mentioned
2. BOSTITCH 12233 Brad Nailer
- It is compatible with brad nails
- Size ranges from 5/8 inches to 2-1/8 inches
- The BOSTITCH nailers can easily fit into narrow spaces
- It can work with smaller materials because of its small nose design
- Gives clean and furnished results
- Has add-ons to help in the nailing process
- It can also be used for the nail removing process
- Light in weight
- It can also be handheld into tricky areas
Offering flexibility and efficiency, the BOSTITCH (BTFP12233) brad nailer has come out with smart nailers that provide a small nose for precision nailing. This brad nailer is small in size and can easily be held. Due to the micro nose that it comes with, it can easily fit into the crannies and nooks of the board. This brad nailer has a jam release function that is installed on the front of the nailer and at the nose. This function makes the nail release process super easy and feasible.
Just because this nailer is handheld, it needs some kind of manual work to hold it in place while you drill. To ease this out, this tool by BOSTITCH is made using aluminum alloy so that it is light in weight along with providing a robust body. What makes this tool super special is the fact that it is compact, portable, and functions like a gun making the operation feasible and easy.
- Comes with a jam release mechanism.
- Stylish look
- Durable body
- Handheld and portable.
- Reduces bumping.
- Smart point nose system.
- Rubber grip handle.
- Not suitable to be used for bigger blocks of wood.
3. PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA Cordless Brad Nailer
- Includes a tool-free stall release lever
- Size 5/8 inches to 2 inches
- It can install almost 1300 nails per charge
- Possible to be used without fuel cells, air compressor, and hose
- The battery provides a longer run duration
- Due to the depth adjustment dial and glass, the countersink can be regularly adjusted
- Includes a tool-free jam release mechanism
- Has LED for multiple functions like indicating errors and illuminating the workplace
Having a body that looks like a smart robot standing, this brad nailer is operated through a battery, and therefore there is no problem of cord or hose entanglement while shooting the nails. The features do not end here, and the portable cable PCC790LA brad nailer comes with such an engine that provides firepower for several climate conditions and materials.
In order to increase user security and productivity, this brad nailer features various tool-free settings. It comes with multi-functional dual LED lights that ensure illuminating the workplace along with indicating errors, if any. It has a magazine capacity of around 100 nails and two flywheel-style drivers to provide maximum strength and firing power.
- Comes with a user-friendly design.
- Design is durable and ergonomic.
- It is cordless, therefore, super easy to handle and work with.
- Light in weight.
- Requires low maintenance.
- An ideal choice for all punch list works.
- Tool-free jam release and release lever.
- Eliminates the need for any compressor, hose, or gas cartridges.
- It doesn’t come with a carry nest or a bag so you will have to buy one.
- Not compatible with all the brad nails.
- The slow recycle speeds can cause a delay in the firing process.
- Head design is a bit hefty to work in tight corners.
4. MAKITA 16 Gauge Cordless Brad Nailer
- It comes with a metal rear-loading magazine
- The magazine is more durable than the plastic ones and works smoothly when reloaded
- The selector switch is covered to prevent debris from getting inside
- One of the best jam clearance mechanisms
- Smooth and easier to work with
- Includes a rapid charger
- Includes an LED above the nose
- Tool-free depth adjustments
- For better tight access, it comes with a narrow nose design
This being the top choice in 16 gauge cordless brad nailer, we also got a list of best cordless 18 gauge brad nailers for you. Coming with a reasonable amount of power to work with, the MAKITA cordless brad nailer can drive 2” nails on even the shallowest settings at full depth. When you pull the trigger, this brad nailer just needs half a second to wind up before firing. It comes with a quality build and provides excellent performance.
Rather than a primary option, this tool is mostly suitable for punch lists or occasional users because of being heavier in delay and heavier weight than pneumatic brad nailers. What makes this MAKITA 16 gauge cordless brad nailer a suitable option is a fact that it saves much time and effort in not having to set up a run hose or compressor and then reverse the whole process once you are done trimming.
- Excellent jam clearance.
- A rapid charger is included in the kit.
- LED light for illuminating the workplace.
- Excellent build quality.
- It is quite heavy as compared to other brad nailers.
- It has the typical firing delay that cordless nailers have to offer.
5. Metabo HPT Brad Nailer
- 70 to 120 PSI operating pressure
- Provides excellent balance while you work with it
- Comes with a warranty of 5 years
- Comfortable grip and trigger pull
- The magazine can hold up to 100 nails
- Can work with nails ranging from 5/8 inches to 2 inches
- It comes with a yellow indicator that will let you know when you get low on nails
- Exhaust port swivel around 360 degrees
If you are looking for the best brad nailer that is pocket-friendly too, this Metabo HPT one is definitely for you. The body of this brad nailer is made of aluminum, and therefore it is super light in weight, making it easy for people to carry it around the workplace. Not only this, what makes it one of the best choices to get hands-on is the fact that it comes with a guarantee of 5 years.
This pneumatic model is an ideal choice for DIY project lovers and even for professionals. It comes with a 360-degree adjustable dust port that is supposed to keep your workplace clean. Additionally, the no-mar tip that it comes with is specifically designed to prevent unintended impressions on your work.
- There is a reload indicator present on the magazine.
- Comes with a 360-degree exhaust port.
- It comes with a hard carrying case which makes it super comfortable when transported from one place to another.
- The tool is protected when not in use because of the carrying case.
- In case of any issues, the five years warranty can come to the rescue.
- The magazine window is in place of a dry fire lockout that is used for preventing damage.
- No swivel is mounted on the METAPO brad nailer, so you can’t swing the hose when you move the tool.
- Requires you to provide some oil maintenance.
- Lacks dry fire lockout feature.
6. Ryobi P320 Airstrike 18 Volt One+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Brad Nailer
- 1700 nails per charge
- There is no requirement for compressors, hoses, or gas cartridges
- 18 volts
- 90 days of warranty
- Convenient and superior performance
- Cordless tool
Although the battery brad nailers are a bit expensive as compared to others available in the market, the RYOBI seels their brad nailers as the main tool to give price advantages to their customers. This means that if you have any of the RYOBI battery models, you can easily use that battery in any other brad nailer model by the same company.
It comes with a lithium high capacity battery which can work with brad nails ranging from 5/8 inches to 2 inches. This tool is very simple to use, so even amateurs can handle it without any hassle. It comes with a low nail indicator, indicating if you are running low on the number of nails. This indication is made with a bright yellow color which can easily be seen even in a messy workstation or garage.
- Tool-free jam clearing.
- Dry fire lockout
- Simple to use.
- Once the battery is charged, it can start nailing within few minutes.
- LED light is very bright.
- Dual firing mode and depth adjustment.
- No reference point to view what depth you have dialed.
- It can be expensive if you don’t have a previous RYOBI battery.
- The battery is not included in the package and is sold separately.
- When loading the brad nail strip, the magazine area may jam.
- The light near the firing head doesn’t last long.
7. DEWALT DCN680D1 Cordless Brad Nailer
- The tool-free trigger for easy changeover
- 5/8” to 2-1/8”
- Battery powered brad nailer
- 500 nails per charge
- Tool-free depth adjustment
- Multifunctional LED lights
- Adjustable belt hook to offer convenient hanging
- Tool-free jam release mechanism
What makes this DEWALT DCN680D1 model special is the brushless motor which allows you to easily fasten different sizes of nails in a number of materials. Therefore, you can easily use this tool for several operations like paneling, trimming, molding, window and door casing, etc. It comes with a lithium battery for a fast and feasible drive.
This tool gives a nominal voltage of around 18v to 20v, which means you can easily use it to drive different sizes of nails without experiencing any kind of coiling effect. It also provides a micro nose which you can use to see the workpiece clearly for precise work results. It supports all the tool-free systems, including moving from contact to sequential firing mode and adjusting the depth.
- This tool works quite silently.
- Absolutely well balanced.
- The LED works great even in low light visibility.
- Battery life is long.
- No need to buy fuel cells.
- Doesn’t need frequent servicing.
- Time saver.
- It doesn’t discharge the last few cells.
- Heavier than the pneumatic ones.
- Bigger in size as compared to pneumatic brad nailers.
- Black on the black indicator is a bit difficult to read.
8. NUMAX SBR50 Brad Nailer
- Compatible with nails of 5/8 inches to 2 inches size
- Indicator to view remaining nails
- 360-degree adjustable exhaust
- Lightweight and rugged tool
- Great for extended use
- Ideal for furniture and decorative trim
- It is ergonomically engineered
One of the most prominent qualities of a good brad nailer is it nails without jamming, and this is exactly what the NUMAX SBR50 has to offer. This tool comes with all of the important features that you look for in a brad nailer. You are even allowed to adjust the pressure depending on the hardness and thickness of the wood that you work on.
This brad nailer by NUMAX also has a depth of drive adjustment dial beneath the working handle so that you are allowed to adjust how deep you drive the nails into the material you are working on. It also includes an exhaust that is adjustable so you can drive it away from your face. It can work with nails ranging in size from 5/8 inches to 2 inches in length, giving you an increased range of applications for which you can use this tool.
- This tool can drive both crown and nail staples.
- Easy visual recognition due to reloading indicator.
- Saves space and money efficiently.
- Offers a tool-free jam release.
- Tool-free depth of drive adjustment.
- The only con known is that it jams easily.
9. Senco FinishPro 18 Sequential Brad Nailer
- Comfortable and lightweight design
- 5/8” to 2” nail size
- Reduce wrist and arm fatigue because of the design
- Comes with a compact and strong case
- Easy to use
This FinishPro 18 brad nailer is powerful and offers efficient operation that is ideal for applications including hardwood as well. You can easily work with cabinets, baseboards, chair rails using this tool. You can work for longer periods of time using this Senco brad nailer because it has a capacity of around 110 nails, so you don’t need to stop working again and again for reloading.
This Senco FinishPro 18 brad nailer provides versatility and flexibility in work. There is a side load magazine and a low load indicator that are there to let you know that you have the right amount of nails to complete any job or DIY task. It is backed by a warranty of one year and comes with a carrying case, fitting, hex wrench, and oil to make your task easy and convenient.
- It comes with a case.
- It has a soft grip.
- It can even work on the hardwood.
- The depth of drive is adjustable.
- User friendly and built to last.
- The storage case of this brad nailer is heavy to carry.
- No dr fire lockout.
10. Harbor Freight Cordless Brad Nailer
- Consistent operation
- Works fast
- 5/8 to 2” brad size
- 360 degrees rotatable exhaust
- A sequential tip safety trigger
- The design makes it light in weight to carry
- Quick-release nose piece
When you love doing DIY projects especially trimming and molding, you will know when you have got your hands on a good brad nailer. This Harbor Freight Cordless Brad Nailer is a convenient and efficient tool that will make all the projects you do easy and feasible. Using this tool, you will not even have to struggle to bring out perfection in the output.
What makes this brad nailer a “must-to-have” is the fact that it is light in weight and can be easily carried for longer periods when you work on your projects. Because of being light in weight, it is very easy to transport from one place to another. It comes with a 360-degree rotatable exhaust and uses a wide variety of staple and nail sizes.
- Jam clearing is super easy and quick.
- Comes with a full and sequential safety mechanism.
- The rotatable exhaust of around 360 degrees.
- The nose piece is quick release.
- Two in one operation.
- Exhaust malfunction later sometimes.
- It may leave a mark on the wood sometimes when you work on it.
Buying Guide for Best Brad Nailer for Trim
Here is what you have to look for when you buy a brad nailer:
Ease to use
Look out for all the features like tool-less adjustment dial and easy depth drive adjustment, which guarantees ease of use while you trim or mold. It should also have safety features and a capacity indicator to ease out the task for you.
The quality and the material used for construction plays an important role in giving value for money. Aluminum is one of the materials that make the nailers light in weight and also very durable. Make sure the internal elements of the brad nailers are also made from quality materials.
There are two main types of brad nailers, including the pneumatic ones and the cordless ones. For people having air compressors getting hands on a pneumatic brad nailer is more suitable. However, if you do not have a pneumatic tool and investing in it is not possible for you, you can move to a cordless brad nailer. Both the tools may vary in type; however, there is not much difference in their operations as both of them can trim, mold and work on door or window casing.
Nail and Staple Pin Sizes
If you know what type of job you are going to do, you can easily select the nail and staple size that you should work with. There are various sizes of nails, and you can select a brad nailer that works with this size and other sizes of nails.
Depth of Drive
The brad nailer should come with a depth of shot adjustment, which is very important for driving the nails in the wood.