Pies are delicious snacks and a perfect appetizer for parties and potlucks. Whether you want to make an individual pie for one or for your entire family, pies are easy and fun to make. Using hearty ingredients, including potatoes, peas, carrots, and savory ground or minced beef, is a popular way to prepare pies in every home. Sometimes, you need to refrigerate them for future use or store fresh pies for short time period to enjoy the perfect taste. However, warming them can change their taste if not appropriately heated. So, the question is, how long can pies stay in a pie warmer? Let’s try to find out the best possible answer. Pie warmer is not used only for frozen pies that were made earlier,it can also be used for fresh baked pies so they stay perfect, if possible please mention this as well [acf filed=”faqschema”]
How to Reheat Frozen Pies?
- Pies are crispy products, and they bring out that delicious freshly baked smell. That’s why it is essential to warm them properly. The best way to reheat frozen pies is using a pie warmer.
- Before you put pies in a warmer, make sure to warm them in a microwave for 20-30 seconds on medium heat. It will heat the inside quickly, and the oven will make the outside crispier.
- You can also warm the pies only in a microwave at a high temperature for 20 to 30 seconds, depending on the power of a microwave.
- Remember, a pie may not feel warm from the outside, but from the inside, it gets hot very quickly; therefore, it is recommended to check it every few seconds.
- Before warming them in an oven, leave frozen pies to defrost.
- You can also use Best Gumbo Pots for warming frozen pies.
How Long Can Pies Stay in a Pie Warmer?
Pies should stay in a pie warmer for 3 to 4 hours. Make sure to rotate the pie stock in the pie warmer properly. It is recommended to display pies in a pie warmer at 65 degrees centigrade or a glass-fronted refrigerator at about 5 degrees centigrade.
How to Take Care of Freshly Baked Pies?
- Remember, a freshly baked pie is fragile; therefore, it is crucial to handle it carefully. We have already mentioned above the warming techniques and tips for pies.
- You can also use a small dish of water in a pie warmer to prevent dehydration of pies.
- Make sure to store all frozen pies in a freezer as soon as they are delivered.
- Keep the freezer temperature at -18 degrees centigrade and check it daily.
- Cover them with a foylene lining to prevent deterioration and properly seal the box.
Whether you are baking pies for commercial purposes or a home party, the best way to enjoy them is to serve them fresh. However, if you want to store them for the next day, make sure to warm them properly. Are we sure we need to warm them for storing? After warming pies in an oven or pie warm, allow them to cool down before storing them in packets. It will help to prevent pies from sweating inside the containers and also maintain their fresh, crispy appearance.