In autumn and the leaves are ready to fall, which means you have to get ready to clean gutters. The real problem begins in the rainy season when you have to suffer clogged gutter. Do you want to clean gutters for smooth running water? We recommend using the best pressure washer hose for it. Let’s take a look at how clean gutters with a pressure washer.
How to Clean Gutters with Pressure Washer[acf field=”how_to”]
Clear the Area
- Place the outdoor furniture away from the gutter and also remove cover flowers, vegetation, and plants that are placed nearby.
- Clear the pathway so that you easily walk when cleaning the gutter with a pressure washer.
- Debris will surely fall to the ground, and you have to prevent it from falling on anything so that there will be no additional cleaning.
- When you are done with cleaning, just pressure washes the ground to get rid of fallen debris.
Precaution Is Necessary
Don’t forget to put on safety glasses. Remember, you are going to clean the gutter which is above your head. The debris and water will surely fall from up top and can get into your eyes. So, make sure to protect your eyes by wearing safety gloves.
Use a Pressure Washer Hose or a Telescoping Wand
- Attach any extension such as a telescoping wand or best pressure washer hose to reach high gutter spots without having to climb up on a ladder. Don’t use a pressure washer on a ladder. The pressure generated from the washer creates recoil in the wand, which can lead to off-balancing issues. It is better to use a telescoping wand for better results. You can easily adjust the wand length to extend it to the needed length.
- Now put a gutter cleaning wand attached to the end of the wand. You can use different gutter wand attachments. The most common is the one that curves into a U-shape. The bend helps the nozzle reach around the gutter to remove debris.
- You can also find attachments with two horizontal nozzles for spraying water left and right. Such attachments are ideal for cleaning gutters as they clean both sides of the gutter at the same time.
- Use a detergent to wash the gutters. Using a detergent soap helps to loosen up the dirt and debris and allows rinsing away the debris easily.
- Rinse the cleaning detergent off the gutters using normal water. When the debris is gone, the detergent will flow into the down spots.
- Now clean the fallen debris from the gutters using the pressure washer. Spray and wash the surface of the ground properly. Using water broom attachment can help to remove the debris more effectively. There are three or more nozzles to expand the coverage of the spray.
- Use the attachment to spray and sweep into the corner to pick up and dispose of it into the trash bin.
How Much PSI Do I Need To Pressure Wash Gutters?
A pressure washer featuring 1500 PSI is good enough for cleaning gutters. You can easily pressure wash the most thing in your house with 1000-2000 PSI pressure washers.
Using a 2000+ PSI pressure washer is not recommended as gutters are not durable enough to withstand such force. The best way is to test your pressure washer in a small inconspicuous place before using it for gutter cleaning.
When To Pressure Wash Gutters?
Make sure to pressure wash the gutters at least once a year. The ideal time for cleaning the gutter is during late autumn when all the leaves have fallen from the trees or early winter.
It is essential to clean the leaves before the rain comes so that water drains smoothly. Also, it is wise to remove leaves and debris before the winter season.
If there are lots of trees in your home (especially pine trees), you need to clean the gutter 3 to 4 times a year.
Why Cleaning Your Gutters Is Important?
Cleaning a gutter is one of the essential maintenance tasks you need to do properly. If you neglect it, it can be quite expensive as damages may occur not only inside the gutter but also in other areas of the home.
For instance, a clogged gutter with leaves and debris block the water flow. It will put additional weight on the gutter, which may create sag or break the gutters. Also, the runoff water from the gutters can damage soffits, fascias, and walls.
Just think about the frozen debris during snowfall or cold weather conditions. Such extra weight may take down the gutters around your home. The problem can be even more severe in the spring season if not treated properly.
You can use pressure washers to clean many things in your home. If you are cleaning your gutters, a pressure washer is an ideal tool to remove the accumulated debris effectively. Such cleaners quickly and effectively clean the gutters by letting you avoid climbing ladders around your house. The force of water created by the pressure washer blasts away the dirt, grime, and buildup in the gutter to clean them properly.
Leave a Reply