A burnt stove top doesn’t appeal to your eyes and also leads to health problems. It can contaminate the whole kitchen with harmful germs in some cases that can affect the lives of people using that kitchen. You need to clean and polish your glass top stove regularly for a healthier and clean kitchen. Sometimes, what happens is that you accidentally drop some sugar on the gas stove without knowing. Generally, it happens while you are making some dessert or sweet dish. When the sugar gets burnt, it creates a whole new mess. The next morning you walk into your kitchen, you know immediately what went wrong. Now that burnt sugar has had time to set on your stove top.
Now, it does seem impossible to clean the burnt sugar. We don’t want to waste your time, let us show you exactly how to remove burnt sugar from the gas stove top….
Things You Need
These are the required ingredients for taking off the burnt sugar from your gas stove. Depending on the condition of your stove stains, you may not need every item from the list below.
- Plastic Bags
- A couple of microfiber towels
- Dish Soap
- Baking Soda
- Scrub Brush
- Stove top scraper
Food for thought, these kinds of problems can be limited to a certain extent if you use the best cookware for the gas stove as it can decrease the chances of spilling food and sugar.
Steps to Remove Burnt Sugar from Gas Stove
- Firstly, you need to remove the stove grates to have complete access to the stove top for deep cleaning. You can soak the removed stove grates in warm water and soap solution in the sink. If the stains on the cooking grates are tough, you can sprinkle the grates with baking soda for a few minutes.
- Cover the burners and any holes on your stove with a plastic bag. Wipe off the loose food with a towel.
- Remove the dirt and grime as much as possible before getting to the tough grease of burnt sugar.
- By using the abrasive side of a sponge or a scrub brush with a small amount of soap, remove the baked-on food and burnt sugar marks.
- If the brush isn’t working, make the baking soda paste and coat it on your stove top. Combine the paste with water to make a toothpaste resembling a mixture. Let the paste sit for 20 minutes to remove stains.
- Now, spray the gas stove top with vinegar and watch the reaction that will soften the tough burnt sugar stains. The vinegar along with baking soda works for most of the tough stains. It only takes a minute or two for them to soften the difficult scorch marks.
- Wipe the whole thing using the microfiber towel. If you don’t have the microfiber towel, you can use any towel to wipe it down.
- If there is still some burnt sugar left, try a stove top scraper. Use a butter knife or razor blade to scrape the burnt sugar off your gas stove top. It is not the ideal thing but effective, do it with care.
- Now, dip a kitchen towel in vinegar and wipe off the gas stove top. It will remove any dirt left and will impart a nice shine to your stove top.
How to Prevent Burnt Sugar on Your Gas Stove Top?
Consistency is required in everything if you want to prevent burnt sugar on your gas stove top. Clean your stove every week to save the most time and effort. It will also increase the overall hygiene of your kitchen. You can also clean it daily in a couple of minutes using the glass cleaner solution. Use better cooking utensils that have appropriate lids to minimize the risk of spilling.
The Bottom Line
It is necessary to have a clean kitchen as it is the key to a healthier lifestyle. The gas stove is the most important part of the kitchen that is required to be cleaned regularly. Sometimes, some sugar gets spilled on the gas stove that creates a mess. To remove that mess, we have mentioned the necessary steps above that will pave your way to a clean and healthy kitchen.