The lawn mower is a really important tool especially when you have a large backyard. Large backyards take considerable time to mow when you use a push-style lawn mower, this is where a riding lawn mower comes into play. It has fast mowing speed with a wider mowing deck that cuts the grass in no time. Even if you search for the best lawn mower for wet grass, a riding lawn mower is always at the top. One important part of a lawn mower is its blade adapter. It is something that makes it very convenient to use any blade that you choose. A lawn mower is a machine that requires regular maintenance and care, similarly, the adapter also needs maintenance from time to time.
A lawn mower blade adapter is required to change after a certain amount of time and usage. So, how to remove a lawn mower blade adapter? Let’s discuss it in detail…
When to Remove a Lawn Mower Blade Adapter?
Before jumping off on “how to remove lawn mower blade adapter”, let’s discuss when to remove a lawn mower blade adapter.
To determine if it’s time to remove the blade adapter, check it regularly for erosion and cracks. Check the bolts that hold the blades regularly and keep them tight. When you are mowing the lawn and the blade hits an object, stop the machine and disconnect the power source, check the mower blade adapter for any damage or wear. To maintain lawn mower safety and healthy grass, an up-to-the-mark lawn mower adapter is imperative. Review and understand all the lawn mower safety information in the manual.
How to Remove Lawn Mower Blade Adapter?
The blade adapter on a lawn mower lets you use any blade suitable for the job at hand. However, when the drive belt breaks, there is no simple way to replace it unless you remove the blade adapter. This activity requires you to get onto the ground, however, if you are not up to this task, you can also seek professional help.
Steps to Remove Lawn Mower Blade Adapter
Here’s how you can remove a lawn mower blade adapter…
- You need to tilt your lawn mower up and place each front wheel on top of a concrete block. This way you will have the required access underneath the deck.
- Choose a socket that fits as different mowers have different-sized bolts.
- Remove the bolts that hold the blade onto the adapter.
- Attach a three-prong gear puller to the edges of the adapter.
- The prong hooks will hook over the edges and tighten it up with a center bolt.
- All the prongs should be in symmetrical contact with the adapter.
- Use the correct-sized socket or wrench and turn the center bolt clockwise on the puller. This way, the puller will be tightened but the adapter will begin to loosen up.
- To make the adapter come off, turn the bolt slowly but steadily. You can use a bit of elbow grease to help in this operation while keep turning the bolt.
- You have successfully removed the lawn mower blade adapter.
A lawn mower is an important piece of equipment especially when you have a large backyard. An important part of a lawn mower is the blade adapter that makes it very easy for you to change blades. With the passage of time and extensive usage, the blade adapter starts to wear and needed to be changed. Above, we have mentioned the required steps to answer your query of how to remove the lawn mower blade adapter. Follow all the steps to easily remove the lawn mower blade adapter.