How To Start A Makita Chainsaw? If you’re a newbie or have just bought a Makita chainsaw, you should learn how to start it. A chainsaw is a powerful source of cutting power that may help us, but it can also be deadly if we need to learn how to use it correctly.
However, you need not be concerned since starting the chainsaw engine is easy; you only need a little advice. To save you time, we’ve put up complete instructions on starting a Makita chainsaw and some safety precautions to help you achieve safety throughout the process. So, please don’t waste time, and let’s get started.
Important Safety Precautions:
Before you begin the procedure, it is critical to follow the safety protocol to ensure that there are no fire-related dangers or possible mishaps. As a result, here are some guidelines to aid you along the way:
• Always keep your eyes and nose ahead of the chainsaw when operating with it, and wear a mask if possible.
• Similarly, regulating your guide bar contact is crucial since it might cause your bar to move randomly, resulting in significant injuries.
• Because this power tool is meant to be used with both hands, always follow the procedure for better control and fewer injuries. While cutting the trees, make sure you have a solid grasp.
• Always have a fire extinguisher in the workplace in case of an unexpected incident.
• While cutting, ensure you have a strong ground hold to reduce the possibility of unbalance.
• It is also critical to have the necessary safety equipment, such as full-sleeved clothing, long boots, sunglasses, and thick gloves.
Starting The Makita Chainsaw Engine:
• Before starting your Makita chainsaw, ensure it is completely installed and verified! You must leave at least 10 feet between the fueling point and the start of the engine, and it will eliminate any fire risk.
• Establish a firm foothold. Place the chainsaw on the ground, making the guide bar and chain free of anything.
• First, activate the chain brake (block it), then firmly grip the front handle with one hand and force the saw into the ground.
• The right foot should be used to maintain a downed rear handguard.
Cold Starting Of Makita Chainsaw:
It simply means having your pump ready, so you don’t run out of oil or gas in the middle of the procedure. You must maintain your combo switch in the up position for this reason. It is also known as the choke position and may aid in the smooth combustion of the power tool.
Finally, retain the beginning handle firmly in your hands and lock the system for a better cutting procedure. Here are some basic actions you may take to start the engine;
• Because it is chilly, you must prime the gasoline pump. To do so, repeatedly squeeze the fuel pump until you see petrol in the fuel pump.
• Set the combination switch to the up position, sometimes the choke position. The half-throttle lock will be activated.
• You are now ready to fire the last shot. Pull the starting handle evenly and smoothly.
• Go through the beginning method twice more.
• Now, turn the combination switch to the ‘ON’ position.
• Pull the starting handle smoothly and evenly once more.
• Once the engine has started, hold the rear handle with your palm and squeeze the throttle trigger.
• Disconnect the chain brake to allow it to operate smoothly.
Warm Starting Of Makita Chainsaw:
It is comparable to the cold start but has several key distinctions. First, pull the cable at least three times and then get into an upward choke posture. It will assist you in locking your tool’s throttle.
If there is no evidence of ignition, it is advised that you repeat the procedures outlined in the cold-starting approach. Here are some basic actions you may take to warm-start the engine;
• It is advised that you verify basic assembly requirements and fuel levels before beginning the operation. To ensure your safety during the operation, keep your gasoline bottle at least 10 feet away from the engine to avoid fire dangers.
• When you’re finished, ensure your feet are firmly planted on the ground. Check that the chain and bar have been adjusted to your specifications.
• After that, grip the handle tightly in your hand while blocking your device’s brakes to ensure proper control and stability.
• Now, engage the rear head guard with your right foot and begin cutting the dead tree branches with the necessary control and accuracy.
• Makita has developed its proprietary Featherlight starting technology to aid you in steering the procedure from here.
Parts Of Makita Chainsaws:
After you’ve picked the ideal Makita chainsaw for your requirements, you may need to replace missing or damaged components.
Fuel left in the chainsaw for an extended period may have clogged the carburetor. A carburetor cleaner may help clear a blocked carburetor. If cleaning the carburetor does not help, it must be rebuilt or replaced totally.
The chainsaw chain may break or dull with time; if this occurs, the chain must be altered.
Spark plugs might fail or need to be replaced after a few years. To inspect the spark plug, first, remove it.
The rewind spring recoils the beginning rope once it has been drawn and released, and the string will not return to the chainsaw pulley if the rewind spring is destroyed. Each rewind spring may be repaired individually, although rebuilding the complete recoil starter system may be simpler.
Coil Of Ignition:
The engine may not turn over if the ignition coil fails. Inspect the spark plugs to determine whether they cause the issue before replacing the ignition coil. The ignition coil may be tested with an ignition coil tester.
Finally, suppose you are new to Makita chainsaws. In that case, you are most likely finding out the beginning procedure according to the specific construction of this equipment.
Because of their strong engines and sophisticated construction, these alternatives may be crucial and hazardous for beginners. Finally, we hope that this complete guide on how to start a Makita chainsaw may assist you along the road while maintaining the necessary safety.
You can see our new article about: How To Shorten A Chainsaw Chain.